UX bookclub member Peter and his tech writer colleagues in a company that specializes in visual AI has compiled a reading list for the UX beginners. Happy reading!
Learn about UX writing
- Advice, recommendations and tips from Sarah
- OK-Cancel or Cancel-OK? The Trouble with Buttons
- 10 Usability Heuristics for User Interface Design
- UX writing: Do it like Google with this checklist
General advice on creating content for digital consumption
- Redish, Janice (Ginny). Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works
- Barr, Chris. The Yahoo! Style Guide: The Ultimate Sourcebook for Writing, Editing, and Creating Content for the Digital World. St. Martin’s Press.
- Metts, Michael J.; Welfle, Andy. Writing Is Designing. Rosenfeld Media.
- Erika Hall. Conversational Design. A Book Apart.
It all starts with information architecture
- Hane, Carrie; Atherton, Mike. Designing Connected Content
- Resmini, Andrea; Resmini, Andrea; Rosati, Luca; Rosati, Luca. Pervasive Information Architecture: Designing Cross-Channel User Experiences
Google and Microsoft guidelines for describing interaction